Himalayas has always been the perfect abode if you’e looking for peace and the beauty. And what better way to experience the most majestic of all regions in the world than by living with the locals and doing what they do.
Here is a list of Top Himalayan homestays that will help you find your perfect destination this holiday season:
• Spiti valley homestays: Spiti is one of those few unexplored areas in the world whose beauty is unparalleled. It is where you’ll find some of the oldest monasteries, and no doubt it’s also known as the little Tibet. Nestled in the trans Himalayan region, Spiti Valley is a home to some of the most glorious views and this high altitude region is also a place discover some of the most unique cultures and flora & fauna. High up in the villages of Spiti lie the Spiti Homestays, in Langza, Komic, Demul, Lhalung and Dhankar. These villages are in the Kibber Wildlife sanctuary region, and this will give you a chance to spot the exotic Snow leopards and Tibetan wolves.
• Sangla Valley Homestays: Situated in the mesmerizing valley of Sangla, which is 57 kms from Kalpa, these homestays are located in the Sangla village. The Baspa river flows through the village of Sangla thus enhancing its lush green beauty. There are picturesque views all around the Sangla village and you get to see the snow clad peaks too. The Sangla valley is the high point of Kinnaur district and there are quite a few places here, which are worth a visit, mainly the temple dedicated to Naga god, Sapni, Kamru fort and also Chitkul, which is the last village on Indo-Tibetan boundary. Ratan Cottage, Sangla and Negi Cottage, Sangla are some of the homestays you can opt for.
• Ladakh Zanskar Homestays: Combine the two highs of adventure and natural beauty, that’s what you get when you’re in Ladakh. Some of the most caring people run the homestays in this region and once you’re there, you can help them with their daily activities and learn a bit about their local environment. The untouched beauty of this region is a marvel of nature, and a few days stay in this part of the world might be the best you can do in this coming holiday season. Click here for information: http://www.himalayan-homestays.com/ladakpages/default.html
• Mayal Lyang homestay, Dzongu: Dzongu is one of the most beautiful parts of Sikkim, lying in the northern parts amidst the beautiful Himalayas, with lush forests, delightful hamlets in between and a river breathing life into the surroundings. The best part about Dzongu is that it’s not your just another hill station, which keeps the crowd at bay and you could spend a peaceful holiday at Mayal Lyang homestay that is nestled amongst the trees. Click here for more information: http://www.mayallyang.com/
• Sarmoli Village homestay, Uttarakhand: Tucked away in the beautiful valleys of Himalayas in Uttarakhand, lies the Sarmoli village. The breathtaking views from here include some of the highest peaks and most beautiful glaciers, plus the nearness to Munsiyari town means that you can also venture ahead on the treks up the Himalayas. Moreover, Sarmoli village is surrounded by the lush forests, and a walk through these will take you amidst the rich mammal life and birdcalls, that’ll lure you. During your nature walk through these forests, you can also check out the wide variety of wildflowers as well as the blood red Rhododendrons. The Sarmoli village provides you cheap homestays at a cost of 500-600 per day including all the meals.