Top tourist spots in Kerala
Winters are always a good time to visit Kerala, and this God’s own country has a lot to offer you. You can experience various kinds of wonders here, from lagoons, to rich culture to tempting cuisines to tea plantations Kerala has something for everyone. This is the reason it has been said to be one of the most beautiful places on the planet. So, if you’re planning to visit Kerela, here’s a list of top tourist spots in Kerala:
• Munnar: At 1600m above sea level, Munnar is a heaven in itself. One of the top tourist spots in Kerala, Munnar was once the summer resort of the erstwhile British government in South India. The tea and coffee plantations adorn lush green mountains here, and the mist surrounding the plantations give your wonderful feeling. Amidst the spectacular views, there are also some waterfalls and trekking paths to make your experience the nature even closely. Munnar also has some sleepy cottages, old bungalows etc. to explore.
• Periyar National Park: Except being one of the most famous national parks in South India, it is also one of the very few national parks that remain open all through the year, especially during the monsoon season. Periyar national park is definitely one of the top tourist spots in Kerala, and is known for the number of elephants here. In this national park, you can opt for an elephant safari or the boat safari. The lake is quite stunning at the sunset, and there are also many eco-tourism activities here to indulge in.
• Cochin: Cochin is like a gateway to South India, and if you’re coming to Kerala for the first time, it’ll be wiser if you start with Cochin. Cochin is connected to all the tourist spots of Kerala by air, road and rail. There are lots of boating and rafting opportunities in Cochin, plus the historical pasts leaves a lot to explore. There are places of historical, cultural and religious importance here, including St Thomas church and Thrupunithura palace. It is one of the top tourist spots in Kerala, is perfect way to start your Kerala trip.
• Backwaters: It is truly one of the most blissful experiences you’ll have in Kerala, relaxing in your houseboat in a backwaters territory. In Kerala, you can take a trip down the canals surrounded by the palms, cook fresh Indian food and enjoy it with a chilled beverage on board of your houseboat. Imagine spending days and nights just floating in the water and doing nothing. That’s what makes the backwaters one of the top tourist spots in Kerala.
• Wayanad: Wayanad is a stretch of green mountain region along the western ghats in Kerala. It’s known for its spectacular scenery abundant with coconut palms, thick forests, paddy fields and a few mountain peaks. This region offers a lot of opportunities for the adventure lovers. You can trek to Chembra Peak or Meenmutty falls, or explore the Edakkal caves and Old Jain temples. If you’re interested in spotting wildlife, then you can visit Muthanga or Tholpetty wildlife sanctuaries. All this makes Wayanad one of the must visit top tourist spots in Kerala.
Click here to book your trip to Kerala with Tierra: http://www.tierraindia.in/india-kerala-13.html